The Belgrade Theatre was the first civic theatre to be built after the war and was opened in March 1958, as part of a large scale re-development of the City of Coventry. In 2006-7 it received a multi million pound refurbishment and is now back open for business.
Now an English Heritage grade II listed building, the Belgrade acquired its name in recognition and thanks for a gift of timber from the Yugoslav city of Belgrade that was used extensively in the construction of the auditorium. Holding 866 seats in its two-tier auditorium, the theatre remains one of the largest regional producing theatres in the country. Since the multi-million pound refurbishment, The Belgrade also has a second 250-300 seater auditorium - B2.
Opened by HRH the Duchess of Kent, the Belgrade has presented over 800 shows ranging from lavish musicals to comedies and serious drama to a total audience of over 4 million. Since its launch under its first director Bryan Bailey, the Belgrade has pursed a policy of producing innovative and new work.
Open all the time
Box Office: 024 7655 3055 Monday - Saturday from 10am until 15 minutes after the last show has started or 7pm (when evening performances are on). MasterCard, Visa, Delta and Switch accepted. Reservations are held for 3 days or until 30 minutes before the performance, which ever is sooner.
Prices vary for each performance
Follow signs off the ring road junction 9 for The Belgrade.
: 1 mile from Coventry station
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- On-site catering
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)