St Lawrence, the parish church of All Saints' and the great Perpendicular bell tower of the Abbey at Evesham together form a spectacular architectural group. This large and imposing church is of Norman foundation, though it now appears entirely Perpendicular, having been rebuilt in the 16th Century. It fell into ruin in the 18th Century and but was rescued and restored again by the local architect H Eginton in 1836.
Outside, the east end has a great six-light window with elaborate tracery. Inside, the early 16th Century chantry chapel of St Clement has richly panelled arches and a beautiful fan vaulted ceiling. The windows contain fabulous glass by many of the major stained glass artists of the last 150 years.
Evesham town centre; from the west A4184 Abbey Road, take Vine Street and Market Place; from the east, B4035 Waterside, turn left into Bridge Street, shopping centre multi storey car park; church next to priory bell tower and parish church