Berkeley Road South,
In 1955 a small group of people who belonged to a local church dramatic society in Coventry formed the Criterion Players. In 1960 they moved into the current building in Berkeley Road South and the Criterion Theatre was born. It has been one of Coventry's premier amateur theatre since, staging over 350 productions involving over 5000 parts and 15000 support staff. Each year, it aims to provide a wide variety of live drama, to a high production standard, in the intimate setting of its own theatre. It also has a thriving, friendly bar that is open to audience members throughout the year.