In Saxon times Ansty was one of the villages owned by Lady Godiva. Later it was let to Nicholas Ansty, who gave the village its name.
During the reign of Henry VII it was sold to George, Earl of Shrewsbury, for £352.
The church was rebuilt in 1856 but some of the 13th and 14th century masonry of the old church still remains. The 17th century Ansty Hall is also of interest.
Open all the time
SP 399834 52.44710 -1.41436
12 miles from Rugby, 5 from Coventry city centre.
1 mile from M6 J2
From Rugby: bus 585 to Walsagrave Hospital then 75 to Ansty
From Coventry & Nuneaton: bus 74/75 (Mon to Sat).
: 12 miles from Coventry station