Standing on the Oxford Canal, this village is now a well-known boating centre.
The name is Saxon and is thought to be derived from 'Brink', meaning edge and 'Lowe' or 'hlaw', meaning tumulus or hill. The earthworks of the Norman castle, more than 40ft high and 60ft across, once guarded the Fosse Way.
In the Middle Ages Brinklow became an important market centre - the charter was granted by King John in 1217. The church was built during the 13th to 15th centuries. The list of rectors and patrons goes back to 1252.
Open all the time
- Cash Point