Leamington Hastings - Birthplace of a philosopher.
The name of this large parish is derived from the River Leam and from the Hastings family who owned the manor here in the 13th century.
The village was the birthplace of Richard Congreve, the Positive philosopher. The church dates from the 13th and 14th centuries, although it was much altered in 1887. The carved wooden pulpit is 15th century, the font is 16th century and the oak screen in the north aisle is Jacobean. The village has almshouses built during the 17th century and now converted into flats.
The parish also includes the hamlets of Hill and Kites Hardwick and the scattered village of Broadwell.
Open all the time
SP 501751 52.37165 -1.26553
Public transport from Rugby 579 (Thur),580 (Mon to Sat), 581(Every day except for Thur and Sun), Flexibus 214 (Thur).
: 8 miles from Rugby station