Monks Kirby - Home of Benedictine monks.
The name comes from the Priory, founded here in 1077 by Geffrey de Wirce as a cell of the Benedictine Abbey at Angiers in France.
The Priory stood on the north side of the present church but very little of it remains. The church however, is an imposing 14 - 15th century building with a massive vaulted west tower and south porch.
The parish includes the site of the former village of Cestersover, and Newnham, the estate that was the seat of the Earl of Denbigh for five centuries.
Open all the time
SP 501751 52.37165 -1.26553
Situated 6.5 miles from Rugby, off the B4112.
Public transport from Rugby: 585 (Mon-Sat), Flexibus 222 (Fri), Flexibus 241 (Tue), 242 (Wed)
: 7 miles from Rugby station