Pailton - 'Modern' village.
This village is more modern than some of its neighbours - no records exist of it before the reign of King Edward III.
A manor was owned here by the family of Corbert in 1520. The church of St Denins's, although Norman in style, was built in 1884. There are several 16th and 17th century buildings in the village.
About one mile east of the village is a radio transmitting station, established by the RAF in 1940.
Open all the time