Thurlaston - 18th century windmill.
Thurlaston was referred to as 'Torlavestone' in the Domesday Book, probably after one of its Saxon possessors. It still has the old stocks and an 18th century windmill which is now without its sails.
The church of St Edmund's was built to Butterfield's design in 1849 as the village school, with the tower used as the headmaster's house. It was used as a church on Sundays only.
Open all the time
- Mobile phone coverage
- Dogs accepted
- Smoking allowed