Wolvey - Twenty-seven windmills.
Called 'Ulveia' in the Domesday Book after 'Ulf' or 'Wulf', a Saxon possessor, Wolvey covers the largest area of all the parishes in the Borough. At its centre is the parish church of St John's the Baptist, which has a beautifully carved Norman south doorway, a Victorian chancel and a 14th century font.
In the Middke Ages, there were many knitters and millers in Wolvey and at one time there were 27 windmills, none of which has survived. Wolvey Hall was built in 1889 but it contains an old staircase dating from 1677.
- Mobile phone coverage
- Dogs accepted
- Smoking allowed