ANNE HATHAWAY'S COTTAGE
Discover where the young William Shakespeare courted his future bride Anne Hathaway at her picturesque family home.
Anne Hathaway's Cottage is a thatched farmhouse with stunning grounds and gardens, which overflow with beautiful blooms, and traditional shrubs. The cottage is in Shottery, a hamlet within the parish of Stratford-upon-Avon. It is just over one mile from the town centre but can be accessed via a pleasant, well sign-posted footpath.
See for yourself the many original items of family furniture, including the Hathaway Bed, dating from Anne's time and take in the beauty and tranquillity of the charming cottage gardens.
New for 2013 – A magical singing tree, remarkable giant willow sculptures, specially created butterfly borders and a new musical journey through the woods.
April-May - Mon - Sun, 9am - 5pm
Extended Summer Opening - June-August - Mon-Sun, 9am-5pm
Anne Hathaway's Cottage - Mon - Sun, 9am - 5pm
Mary Arden's Farm - Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Hall's Croft, Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Nash's House & New Place, Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Winter Season (November - March)
Shakespeare's Birthplace - Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm
Anne Hathaway's Cottage - Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm
Mary Arden's Farm - Closed
Hall's Croft, Mon - Sun, 11am - 4pm
Nash's House & New Place, Mon - Sun, 11am - 4pm
1. Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Hall's Croft and Nash's House & New Place are open daily throughout the year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day; Mary Arden's Farm is open from 21 March - 31 October.
2. Allow about 45 minutes to 1 hour to visit each house, except Mary Arden's Farm, which is on a much larger site and can take two hours or more if wished.
3. Please note that on-site car parks will be closed half an hour after last entry
SINGLE ENTRY TICKETS
Anne Hathaway's Cottage: Adult £9.00; Child £5.00; Concession £8.00; Family £22.50
Mary Arden's Farm: Adult £9.95; Child £6.50; Concession £8.95; Family £26.50
Free, Unlimited entry for 12 months from date of purchase
BIRTHPLACE PASS: Includes entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Nash's House & New Place, Hall's Croft and Shakespeare grave at Holy Trinity Church.
FIVE HOUSE PASS: Includes entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Hall's Croft, Nash's House & New Place, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Mary Arden's Farm and Shakespeare's grave at Holy Trinity Church.
Children Under 5: free
Child: between 5 - 15 and 16 - 17 year olds in full-time education*
Concession Student 18 + , Seniors 60+ and Disabled persons
Adult: 16 + NOT in education
Family: 2 adults and up to 4 children aged 5 -16
School/college groups: One member of staff free for every 10 students
* Children (5-15 incl.) will not be allowed to visit unsupervised. 16-17 year olds may be required to prove their age.
SP 178551 52.19447 -1.73968
This can be easily reached on foot across Shottery fields and is well signposted from Stratford-upon-Avon town centre. The walk takes approximately half an hour and takes the walker through the pretty village of Shottery. By car from the Tourist Information Centre take the main road through the centre of town and follow signs for Evesham or Worcester (Alcester). Anne Hathaway's Cottage is well signed and is situated approximately one mile from the centre of Stratford.
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- French signs/guides
- Gift shop
- Italian signs/guides
- On-site catering
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Wheelchairs available
- Children welcome
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Steps to the main entrance
- 6Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Clear signage
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system