Ettington Park has been in the Shirley family since before the Norman Conquest. It’s imposing façade and arched windows still look out onto the 12th century church built on the same site as the Saxon church mentioned along with their ancestors in the Domesday Book.
Set in 40 acres of Warwickshire countryside where it nestles in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it, this spectacular Neo-Gothic mansion is still a world apart from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life.
Luxuriously furnished with exquisite antiques, hung with fine paintings, and decorated with dozens of friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage, Ettington Park radiates the warmth and affection of the generations that have lived happily in its elegant rooms.
Here, you'll be greeted with such genuine hospitality it will make you feel like a personal guest of the family itself. The courteous attention you receive will set the tone for your entire stay and create an atmosphere that will quickly make you feel completely at home.
Far from being intimidated by the house's magnificence, you'll feel totally uninhibited. It's a feeling that is fuelled by fine wines and award-winning cuisine, as well as the comforts provided by the luxurious rooms.
SP 249476 52.12686 -1.63636
From M40 North & South
Leave the M40 at junction 15 and take the A429 signposted towards Stow and Cirencester. Continue on this road and after approximately 15 miles at roundabout, do not turn left towards Ettington Village, but continue straight ahead on the A429 towards Stow and Cirencester. After approximately 1/2 a mile, turn right at the sign to Ettington Park. Continue for approximately 1 mile and the entrance to the hotel is via the second turning on your left after the Business Park.
From the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon, head out on the A3400 towards Shipston and Oxford. Continue along this road for approximately 5 miles, and once through the village of Alderminster, the hotel entrance will be on your left hand side, immediately after the turning for Ettington.
- Baby changing facilities
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds) or access by ramp to a specially adapted toilet for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Baby changing facilities
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Audible alarm system
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit