In the evenings, when the lights go down, the atmosphere changes dramatically and you will not be surprised to discover Tudor World has the reputation of being the most haunted building in England! With literally hundreds of investigations, including Most Haunted, will you be brave enough to enter the eerie world of this mysterious and historic property?
Ghost tours take place around Tudor World on a nightly basis, all by spooky lantern-light, while the life-like figures from the exhibits seem to watch from the shadowy hallways.
For the more intrepid, ghost hunts take place in the building, which has been described as “the most haunted building in England” and “the most haunted in the world”.
“If you want to see/feel/smell a ghost then go there [Tudor World] because it is the most haunted building in England" (Terry Deary, author)
“Tudor World is the most frightening and haunted building in the world” (from podcast), Fiona Broome, Journalist, Hollowhill
In the Great British Ghost Hunt in conjunction with Fright Nights (for the Make-A-Wish Foundation), Tudor World came second as the most paranormally active building in the UK, trouncing some of the most famously haunted buildings.
When the Most Haunted team investigated the building, Derek Acorah later wrote that:
""My personal experience [at Tudor World], in Stratford-Upon-Avon, was a truly unforgettable one and one of the most frightening I have ever encountered."" (Derek Acorah, medium)
Are you brave enough to follow in the footsteps of the Most Haunted team and enter the forbiding world of Tudor World after dark?
Nightly Ghost Tours £7.50 (not suitable for children)
Tour with a medium £19.95 (1 ½ hours)
Mini Ghost Hunt £29.95 (3 hours)
Ghost hunt with guest medium £49.95 (5 hours)
Corporate groups: Please enquire
SP 202548 52.19164 -1.70526
Parking: meter parking outside the property (free after 6pm). Disabled parking at the rear of the property.
: 1 mile from Stratford-upon-Avon station
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- Accepts groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
The property is a grade 2+ listed building. We have provided ramps and wider doorways where possible. However, we are not able to provide lifts. There is a BTEC qualified member of staff trained in manual handling, risk assessment, first aid and disability awareness.
- Entrance is well lit
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system