Wander through the elegant home of Susanna Shakespeare and her wealthy physician husband, Dr John Hall. Discover stories of the house’s famous past occupants, relax in the tranquil gardens, join us this summer for a festival of outdoor music and unwind over a delicious snack of light meal in the cafe.
Examine the intriguing collection of apothecary's equipment and books in the doctor's consulting room along with a first edition of his medical notes published in 1657. In the beautiful gardens, breathe in the fragrant herbs as used by Dr Hall in his remedies.
Join us at Hall’s Croft as we celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s daughter’s home.
New for 2013 –Happy Birthday Hall’s Croft anniversary exhibition and summer music in the garden.
Learn about our important conservation work at Hall's Croft and see some of the house's impressive items of Elizabethan and Jacobean furniture in a new display.
April-May - Mon - Sun, 9am - 5pm
Extended Summer Opening - June-August- Mon-Sun, 9am-6pm
Anne Hathaway's Cottage - Mon - Sun, 9am - 5pm
Mary Arden's Farm - Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Hall's Croft, Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Nash's House & New Place, Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm
Winter Season (November - March)
Shakespeare's Birthplace - Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm
Anne Hathaway's Cottage - Mon - Sun, 10am - 4pm
Mary Arden's Farm - Closed
Hall's Croft, Mon - Sun, 11am - 4pm
Nash's House & New Place, Mon - Sun, 11am - 4pm
1. Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Hall's Croft and Nash's House & New Place are open daily throughout the year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day; Mary Arden's Farm is open from 21 March - 31 October.
2. Allow about 45 minutes to 1 hour to visit each house, except Mary Arden's Farm, which is on a much larger site and can take two hours or more if wished.
3. Please note that on-site car parks will be closed half an hour after last entry
12 months FREE entry for a year from date of purchase!
SINGLE ENTRY TICKETS
Anne Hathaway's Cottage: Adult £9.00; Child £5.00; Concession £8.00; Family £22.50
Mary Arden's Farm: Adult £9.95; Child £6.50; Concession £8.95; Family £26.50
Free, Unlimited entry for 12 months from date of purchase
BIRTHPLACE PASS: Includes entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Nash's House & New Place, Hall's Croft and Shakespeare grave at Holy Trinity Church.
FIVE HOUSE PASS: Includes entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Hall's Croft, Nash's House & New Place, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Mary Arden's Farm and Shakespeare's grave at Holy Trinity Church.
Children Under 5: free
Child: between 5 - 15 and 16 - 17 year olds in full-time education*
Concession Student 18 + , Seniors 60+ and Disabled persons
Adult: 16 + NOT in education
Family: 2 adults and up to 4 children aged 5 -16
School/college groups: One member of staff free for every 10 students
* Children (5-15 incl.) will not be allowed to visit unsupervised. 16-17 year olds may be required to prove their age.
SP 198549 52.19226 -1.71044
From Stratford Tourist Information Centre, proceed up Bridge Street and turn left at the roundabout into High Street. Continue straight on past the Town Hall and the Shakespeare Hotel. Follow this road into Church Street, passing the Guild Chapel, King Edward VI School, and the Alms Houses. Continue to the junction at the end of the street and turn left. Halls Croft is to be found on the left approximately 100 metres along.
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- French signs/guides
- Gift shop
- Italian signs/guides
- On-site catering
- Public toilets
- Children welcome
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
Access downstairs is fine for wheelchair users, however, as we have no lifts upstairs it is not easily accessible.