Mr Tony Yelloly
Church of Holy Trinity & St Thomas of Ca,
The Old Quaker Meeting House in Ettington village was built in 1684 and has been in continuous use ever since. At 23ft x 18ft (7m x 5.5m) it is one of Britain's smallest. Originally thatched, it now has a slate roof. It is a simple room of local blue lias stone with elm roof timbers which, like the windows and their elaborate catches, may be older than the building itself. The walls are lined with rush matting, a 19th-century addition refurbished in 1986.
Outside the meeting house is a small, peaceful garden, which was originally a Quaker burial ground.
Light refreshments available.
Fair trade goods on sale
Open to visitors on Sundays 12 noon to 5pm, June, July and August 2007.
(Meeting for Worship is held from 11.00 to 12.00 every Sunday - all are welcome).
From Stratford-upon-Avon, take A422, signposted to Banbury. Take the right hand turning to Ettington, by the church, into Old Halford Road. The Quaker meeting house is about 300 yards down on the right.