LEARNING OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Tudor World is a multi award winning museum with a school trip to fit every budget. With 2 ex-teachers on site, you know you are in safe hands. Every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances.
These, often the most memorable learning experiences, help us to make sense of the world around us by making links between feelings and learning. They stay with us into adulthood and affect our behaviour, lifestyle and work. They influence our values and the decisions we make. They allow us to transfer learning experienced outside to the classroom and vice versa.
Learning outside the classroom is about raising achievement through an organised, powerful approach to learning in which direct experience is of prime importance. This is not only about what we learn but importantly how and where we learn.
Tudor World is an award-winning museum, which makes learning about the Tudors educational and fun.
Free downloadable worksheets and risk assessment can be found on the website.
Open all the time
£5.50 for half day experience (KS1 & 2)
£10 for a full day experience (KS1 & 2)
SP 202548 52.19164 -1.70526
Parking: meter parking outside the property (free after 6pm). Disabled parking at the rear of the property.
: 1 mile from Stratford-upon-Avon station
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
The property is a grade 2+ listed building. We have provided ramps and wider doorways where possible. However, we are not able to provide lifts. There is a BTEC qualified member of staff trained in manual handling, risk assessment, first aid and disability awareness.
- Entrance is well lit
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system