Refine your search

Type of Venue

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Venue Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Shilton

loading...



Shilton - 16th century hall. The village church, heavily restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865, retains 15th century tower and early English lancet windows in the chancel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Bourton is a small village located to the south west of Rugby, along with the nearby hamlet of Draycote it forms the parish of Bourton and Draycote. Also in this parish is draycote water, which is a haven for wildlife.

Warwickshire, CV239QS (5 miles, 8 km)

 
Hillmorton

This used to be formed by two distinct settlements, Hull or Hulle (Hill) or that part of the settlement on the bank and Moor Town (or Moreton) on the marshy ground by the church. In the Domesday Book the population is shown as 170.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 4EE (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Church Lawford is a small village that lies 2.5 miles west of Rugby, just off the A428.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9EE (3 miles, 5 km)

 

Grandborough - A gift from Leofric As well as the village of Grandborough, this parish also includes the hamlet of Woolscott. It was one of the 24 'towns' given by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, to the priory of Coventry, when it was founded.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 8DH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willoughby - Willow trees. The name of this village is said to be derived from the willow trees that once grew here by the brook.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

This lovely village is rich in history. A place of importance since Saxon times and one of the largest parishes in the Borough. The Guy Fawkes House is close to the church. On 5 November 1605, the conspirators of the Gunpowder Plot met here

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2RR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Binley Woods - Monks' Gallows Referred to as "Bilne" in early records, the village of Binley had, at the time of the Norman Conquest, woods that were 'half a mile long and a furlong broad'.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV3 2BQ (7 miles, 11 km)

 

The parish includes not only Harborough Magna village, but also the hamlets of Harborough Parva and, on the bank of the Oxford Canal, Cathiron. The present church is mostly 14th century with restorations made in 1869.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0HJ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willey - Annual fair. This is another village with a small population. It became important when, with a charter granted by Henry III, it started having an annual fair and weekly market.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Monks Kirby - Home of Benedictine monks. The name comes from the Priory, founded here in 1077 by Geffrey de Wirce as a cell of the Benedictine Abbey at Angiers in France.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0QX (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Burton Hastings - Perpendicular style This village is to the north of the Borough, close to Nuneaton and Hinckley. The name Hastings comes from the Hastings family, which held the Manor in the reign of Henry III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV11 6RJ (0 miles, 0 km)