Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Brinklow Your location

loading...



Willey - Annual fair. This is another village with a small population. It became important when, with a charter granted by Henry III, it started having an annual fair and weekly market.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Shilton - 16th century hall. The village church, heavily restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865, retains 15th century tower and early English lancet windows in the chancel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

This village, to the north of Rugby, is in the River Swift valley. The church and the village are on a hill, hence the name.

Swift Valley, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0EG (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Easenhall - Converted chapel This is a small and very pretty village. It has a chapel which is about 100 years old which has been converted into a village community centre.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0JA (4 miles, 6 km)

 

This lovely village is rich in history. A place of importance since Saxon times and one of the largest parishes in the Borough. The Guy Fawkes House is close to the church. On 5 November 1605, the conspirators of the Gunpowder Plot met here

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2RR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Brandon and Bretford - A castle and fort Brandon, the larger village, still retains the earthworks and fragments of rubble of its 13th century castle. The castle was garrisoned in the time of Richard I and overthrown by a force of barons.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV8 3HS (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Burton Hastings - Perpendicular style This village is to the north of the Borough, close to Nuneaton and Hinckley. The name Hastings comes from the Hastings family, which held the Manor in the reign of Henry III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV11 6RJ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Long Lawford - Gothic-style church. Long Lawford is one of the most highly populated parishes in the Borough. In the Domesday Book it was described as 'Lellevort' or 'Lelleford'. The Gothic style church dates from 1839.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9BQ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Stretton-on-Dunsmore - Elaborate monument. There are several half-timbered 16th and 17th century houses in the village, including the Manor House and Moor Farmhouse.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The name is derived from the fact that it stands on a hill, or cliff. It is thought that there was a church here before Norman times but the present building is 13th Century. Oliver Cromwell is said to have been a pupil at Clifton.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0BD (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Leamington Hastings - Birthplace of a philosopher. The name of this large parish is derived from the River Leam and from the Hastings family who owned the manor here in the 13th century.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 8EB (0 miles, 0 km)

 
Bilton

The Church of St Mark's dates back to mid 14th century. It is Gothic style, but it was restored in 1873. Bilton was merged into the borough of Rugby in 1932.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV227LX (1 miles, 2 km)