Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Birdingbury Your location

loading...



Stretton-on-Dunsmore - Elaborate monument. There are several half-timbered 16th and 17th century houses in the village, including the Manor House and Moor Farmhouse.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Crick is a village in the county of Northamptonshire with a population of 2,000. Crick is a short distance to the east of M1 J18 and the A5 and lies close to the border of Warwickshire.

Main Road, Crick, NN6 (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Newbold-on-Avon - Disused tunnel. Newbold is on the Oxford Canal and has been part of Rugby since 1931. There are two canal-side pubs and next to the churchyard is a disused tunnel of interest to the canal explorer.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Monks Kirby - Home of Benedictine monks. The name comes from the Priory, founded here in 1077 by Geffrey de Wirce as a cell of the Benedictine Abbey at Angiers in France.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0QX (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Stretton-under-Fosse - Connection with Thomas Malory. The village consists of a short street of 15th, 16th, 18th and 19th century cottages, many of which are half timbered, and an 18th century Congregational Chapel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Binley Woods - Monks' Gallows Referred to as "Bilne" in early records, the village of Binley had, at the time of the Norman Conquest, woods that were 'half a mile long and a furlong broad'.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV3 2BQ (7 miles, 11 km)

 

Long Lawford - Gothic-style church. Long Lawford is one of the most highly populated parishes in the Borough. In the Domesday Book it was described as 'Lellevort' or 'Lelleford'. The Gothic style church dates from 1839.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9BQ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Leamington Hastings - Birthplace of a philosopher. The name of this large parish is derived from the River Leam and from the Hastings family who owned the manor here in the 13th century.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 8EB (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Pailton - 'Modern' village. This village is more modern than some of its neighbours - no records exist of it before the reign of King Edward III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Marton - Ancient bridge. Marton derives its name from 'moortown', a reference to the marshy land south of the village

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9RW (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Frankton - Held by monks Close to the River Leam, this village was known as "Francheton" at the time of the Domesday Survery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9PH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The parish includes not only Harborough Magna village, but also the hamlets of Harborough Parva and, on the bank of the Oxford Canal, Cathiron. The present church is mostly 14th century with restorations made in 1869.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0HJ (0 miles, 0 km)