Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Burton Hastings Your location

loading...



Birdingbury - Unusual church This small village is recorded in the Domesday Book as 'Derbinggerie'. It was given to the Benedictine Monks by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, when he founded the Coventry Monastery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV3 2BQ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willoughby - Willow trees. The name of this village is said to be derived from the willow trees that once grew here by the brook.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Shilton - 16th century hall. The village church, heavily restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865, retains 15th century tower and early English lancet windows in the chancel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wibtoft - Roman town This parish has a tiny village whose name is thought to be Danish in origin. The church retains some medieval stonework. High Cross, site of the Roman 'Venonae' is nearby.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Stretton-under-Fosse - Connection with Thomas Malory. The village consists of a short street of 15th, 16th, 18th and 19th century cottages, many of which are half timbered, and an 18th century Congregational Chapel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Marton - Ancient bridge. Marton derives its name from 'moortown', a reference to the marshy land south of the village

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9RW (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Bourton is a small village located to the south west of Rugby, along with the nearby hamlet of Draycote it forms the parish of Bourton and Draycote. Also in this parish is draycote water, which is a haven for wildlife.

Warwickshire, CV239QS (5 miles, 8 km)

 

Frankton - Held by monks Close to the River Leam, this village was known as "Francheton" at the time of the Domesday Survery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9PH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Newbold-on-Avon - Disused tunnel. Newbold is on the Oxford Canal and has been part of Rugby since 1931. There are two canal-side pubs and next to the churchyard is a disused tunnel of interest to the canal explorer.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Brandon and Bretford - A castle and fort Brandon, the larger village, still retains the earthworks and fragments of rubble of its 13th century castle. The castle was garrisoned in the time of Richard I and overthrown by a force of barons.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV8 3HS (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Crick is a village in the county of Northamptonshire with a population of 2,000. Crick is a short distance to the east of M1 J18 and the A5 and lies close to the border of Warwickshire.

Main Road, Crick, NN6 (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Monks Kirby - Home of Benedictine monks. The name comes from the Priory, founded here in 1077 by Geffrey de Wirce as a cell of the Benedictine Abbey at Angiers in France.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0QX (0 miles, 0 km)