Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Pailton Your location

loading...



Cathiron is a small village located on the Oxford Canal, 5 km north of Rugby.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Newbold-on-Avon - Disused tunnel. Newbold is on the Oxford Canal and has been part of Rugby since 1931. There are two canal-side pubs and next to the churchyard is a disused tunnel of interest to the canal explorer.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Thurlaston - 18th century windmill. Thurlaston was referred to as 'Torlavestone' in the Domesday Book, probably after one of its Saxon possessors.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willey - Annual fair. This is another village with a small population. It became important when, with a charter granted by Henry III, it started having an annual fair and weekly market.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

This lovely village is rich in history. A place of importance since Saxon times and one of the largest parishes in the Borough. The Guy Fawkes House is close to the church. On 5 November 1605, the conspirators of the Gunpowder Plot met here

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2RR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Grandborough - A gift from Leofric As well as the village of Grandborough, this parish also includes the hamlet of Woolscott. It was one of the 24 'towns' given by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, to the priory of Coventry, when it was founded.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 8DH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wibtoft - Roman town This parish has a tiny village whose name is thought to be Danish in origin. The church retains some medieval stonework. High Cross, site of the Roman 'Venonae' is nearby.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Bourton is a small village located to the south west of Rugby, along with the nearby hamlet of Draycote it forms the parish of Bourton and Draycote. Also in this parish is draycote water, which is a haven for wildlife.

Warwickshire, CV239QS (5 miles, 8 km)

 

Birdingbury - Unusual church This small village is recorded in the Domesday Book as 'Derbinggerie'. It was given to the Benedictine Monks by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, when he founded the Coventry Monastery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV3 2BQ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Burton Hastings - Perpendicular style This village is to the north of the Borough, close to Nuneaton and Hinckley. The name Hastings comes from the Hastings family, which held the Manor in the reign of Henry III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV11 6RJ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Marton - Ancient bridge. Marton derives its name from 'moortown', a reference to the marshy land south of the village

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9RW (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The name is derived from the fact that it stands on a hill, or cliff. It is thought that there was a church here before Norman times but the present building is 13th Century. Oliver Cromwell is said to have been a pupil at Clifton.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0BD (0 miles, 0 km)