Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Thurlaston Your location

loading...



Easenhall - Converted chapel This is a small and very pretty village. It has a chapel which is about 100 years old which has been converted into a village community centre.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0JA (4 miles, 6 km)

 

Newbold-on-Avon - Disused tunnel. Newbold is on the Oxford Canal and has been part of Rugby since 1931. There are two canal-side pubs and next to the churchyard is a disused tunnel of interest to the canal explorer.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Birdingbury - Unusual church This small village is recorded in the Domesday Book as 'Derbinggerie'. It was given to the Benedictine Monks by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, when he founded the Coventry Monastery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV3 2BQ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wibtoft - Roman town This parish has a tiny village whose name is thought to be Danish in origin. The church retains some medieval stonework. High Cross, site of the Roman 'Venonae' is nearby.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wolston is located halfway between Rugby and Coventry. The south part of the main street of Wolston is very pretty, with a stream flowing through it and the houses on either side approached by way of small bridges.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV8 3HG (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Rugby is an attractive market town on the eastern edge of Warwickshire, on the River Avon. Rugby is 13 miles east of Coventry near the borders of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.

Warwickshire, CV21 3DU (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The Church of St Mark's dates back to mid 14th century. It is Gothic style, but it was restored in 1873. Bilton was merged into the borough of Rugby in 1932.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV227LX (1 miles, 2 km)

 

Stretton-under-Fosse - Connection with Thomas Malory. The village consists of a short street of 15th, 16th, 18th and 19th century cottages, many of which are half timbered, and an 18th century Congregational Chapel.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willey - Annual fair. This is another village with a small population. It became important when, with a charter granted by Henry III, it started having an annual fair and weekly market.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Bourton is a small village located to the south west of Rugby, along with the nearby hamlet of Draycote it forms the parish of Bourton and Draycote. Also in this parish is draycote water, which is a haven for wildlife.

Warwickshire, CV239QS (5 miles, 8 km)

 

Pailton - 'Modern' village. This village is more modern than some of its neighbours - no records exist of it before the reign of King Edward III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The name is derived from the fact that it stands on a hill, or cliff. It is thought that there was a church here before Norman times but the present building is 13th Century. Oliver Cromwell is said to have been a pupil at Clifton.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0BD (0 miles, 0 km)