Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Browsing places within 8 miles of Willoughby Your location

loading...



Bilton

The Church of St Mark's dates back to mid 14th century. It is Gothic style, but it was restored in 1873. Bilton was merged into the borough of Rugby in 1932.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV227LX (1 miles, 2 km)

 

Easenhall - Converted chapel This is a small and very pretty village. It has a chapel which is about 100 years old which has been converted into a village community centre.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0JA (4 miles, 6 km)

 

Frankton - Held by monks Close to the River Leam, this village was known as "Francheton" at the time of the Domesday Survery.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9PH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Newbold-on-Avon - Disused tunnel. Newbold is on the Oxford Canal and has been part of Rugby since 1931. There are two canal-side pubs and next to the churchyard is a disused tunnel of interest to the canal explorer.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HR (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Pailton - 'Modern' village. This village is more modern than some of its neighbours - no records exist of it before the reign of King Edward III.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Willey - Annual fair. This is another village with a small population. It became important when, with a charter granted by Henry III, it started having an annual fair and weekly market.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

This village, to the north of Rugby, is in the River Swift valley. The church and the village are on a hill, hence the name.

Swift Valley, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0EG (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Grandborough - A gift from Leofric As well as the village of Grandborough, this parish also includes the hamlet of Woolscott. It was one of the 24 'towns' given by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, to the priory of Coventry, when it was founded.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 8DH (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Marton - Ancient bridge. Marton derives its name from 'moortown', a reference to the marshy land south of the village

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9RW (0 miles, 0 km)

 

The parish includes not only Harborough Magna village, but also the hamlets of Harborough Parva and, on the bank of the Oxford Canal, Cathiron. The present church is mostly 14th century with restorations made in 1869.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0HJ (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wolston is located halfway between Rugby and Coventry. The south part of the main street of Wolston is very pretty, with a stream flowing through it and the houses on either side approached by way of small bridges.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV8 3HG (0 miles, 0 km)

 

Wibtoft - Roman town This parish has a tiny village whose name is thought to be Danish in origin. The church retains some medieval stonework. High Cross, site of the Roman 'Venonae' is nearby.

Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3BZ (0 miles, 0 km)